This episode of the Our First Drink Podcast is full of lessons on how to build a sustainable, creative business as a couple (and still stay best friends).
As a young, driven couple, our guests Joel and Maggie Bear are already on their way towards doing some great things together. Through their projects like Joel Bear Studios and Charmant Papery they’re focused on building a business that will support the lives they want to have together now and in the future.
In this episode
- How many great things in the world were started over their first drink.
- What sacrifice means when building a business (and a life) together (HINT: No $8 juice).
- The realities of adventure photography and van life.
- How one person winning can be a win for both people.
- Filipino Karaoke.
OFD Couples Quiz Questions
- First to get up or last to go to bed?
- Time optimist or Time realist?
- Stick to the trail or wander off?
- What’s more important to you? Experience or Accomplishment?
- Karaoke? Yes or no?
About Maggie and Joel Bear
Joel and Maggie Bear are a husband and wife photography and creative team from Temecula, California. Since starting their careers together they have worked on projects for great companies like Google, Pendleton, Juniper Ridge, and many more.
In addition to their main business Joel is also working on a personal project, New Territory, that showcases portraits of creative married couples who making the world a better place together. Not to be outdone, Maggie is also the creative director for Charmant Papery.
Thanks again to Maggie and Joel Bear for joining us!
Josh and Stasia