A lot of couples these days have a period of time in their lives where they’re dating long distance or someone is traveling for work (like Stasia is this week) and so they have the task of trying to maintain their relationship over things like the phone, texts, and skype. And it’s definitely not always easy.
Fortunately, most couples don’t start their relationship that way. Usually there’s a fair amount of in-person time before you deal with anything long distance.
Listen via iTunes | Stream on Stitcher | Rate us on iTunes
However, without giving too much away our guests for Episode 8 of the Our First Drink Podcast, Bryan and Ashley Minear, had a lot of ground to cover before they could finally share their first drink in person after meeting on eHarmony.
This interview went way over our normal interview time, but we had so much fun with their story that we just couldn’t cut it down.
In this episode
- Designing One Direction and Frozen Fatheads – enough said.
- eHarmony marriage bonds despite bitter college rivalries.
- Beginning a relationship in two different states and the communication skills that come from it.
- Inspiration that comes from watching your partner do something that takes real gumption.
- How life can give you a nudge in the right direction.
- The balance between wanderlust, creativity, and impending parenthood.
Our First Drink Couples Quiz
- List or no list?
- Who is the straight-man and who is the comedian?
- Get to work early or stay late?
- Curate or accumulate?
- Fight or flight?
About Ashley Minear and Bryan Minear
Ashley is a Michigan-made marketing manager by day and a combination artist, cat-lover, tea-drinker, and photographer in her free time. She is a soon-to-be mommy and couldn’t be more excited.
Bryan is an Ohio-born photographer & designer currently based in Michigan. He spends his free time up early and out late shooting Midwestern city & landscapes. This soon-to-be daddy is still hoping he has matured enough to be in charge of another human by the time the baby comes.
Listen to more about Bryan’s photography on the Hashtagged Podcast.
You can check them both out on Instagram @ashleylminear & @bryanminear as well as their wedding photography portfolio Ashley & Bryan.
Thanks again for listening!
Josh and Stasia
p.s. If you liked the show will you help us create an awesome community of couples by clicking on this link to give us a five star rating on iTunes?
Subscribe to the Show